For some reason, we've not taken too many pictures lately. However, after a slow start to talking, we now have a little chatterbox on our hands so here's a few of the things she's said recently that make us giggle. . . Sorry if the humo(u)r doesn't quite come across. I fear some of them may fall into the category of "you had to be there".
On the phone to Daddy on a school night, after telling him about her day, Amelia suddenly says "ok, well I'm playing Uno with Mummy and Grandma right now, so I'm going to let you go. . . bye".
When picking out books to read at bedtime: "So here's the deal, you can pick Topsy & Tim, or the Dolly book or the Animal book".
There's a strong possibility that Mummy tells people on the phone that "I'll have to let you go", tries to organize Amelia by saying "So here's the deal" and various other little things that Amelia likes to repeat. I swear though, I may not have been the most respectful of my mother but I'm sure I didn't give her disdainful looks and start telling her how to do stuff at 2 1/2. . . maybe 12.
After pulling clothes off the hangers in Mummy's closet "for Pooh Bear" and Mummy attempting to get across that this is not a good thing to do: "But Mummy, you have to share with Pooh bear". How do you even come up with an answer to that??
So a little background on Pooh Bear. Mummy was given Pooh Bear as a gift when she was 6 months old. He was her favourite toy for longer than she should admit, was Mummy and Daddy's practice baby when trying out slings and bouncy seats, and is now Amelia's favorite bear. Many years ago he lost his red sweater so Mummy recently crocheted him a new one. Amelia refuses to keep it on him as "Pooh Bear doesn't want to wear it" . . . . great.
No comments:
Post a Comment